Monday, November 2, 2009

Saying Thanks

Last night I was teaching the three and four year olds in the Rainbows class about the ten lepers that Jesus healed. It was so interesting to watch the children as I was teaching them that only one leper came back and thanked Jesus for healing his boo boos. They, of course, wanted to show me their boo boos and pray that Jesus would heal them. It was so humbling to watch these little children approach Jesus for the smallest bruise or the tiniest cut.

Child-like faith. Do we all possess that?

So as I was driving home, I was thinking about my own relationship with Jesus. How many times have I sat as his feet and said thank you for the tiniest boo boo? How many times have I gone on with my life and failed to say thanks for all the blessings that he has given? I definitely think I fall short a lot of the time.

So in the month of November I want to devote this time to saying and giving thanks to all of you that join with me to minister to the children of CLC. Your devotion and faithfulness is greatly appreciated. It is such an honor to receive such a blessing from the LORD and to serve with wonderful servants like you. You make each moment worth it!

I challenge you, dear friends, to think of the people in the lives of your children that are serving the LORD by serving your children. Send them a thank you note, provide a warm fuzzy, or just say "thanks". I promise you, you will brighten someone's day and feel wonderful in the process.

Thanks again for your devotion to our LORD and savior. You are a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment